How to use the html tag HTTP-EQUIV "PICS LABEL"
The PICS ( Platform Independent Contact rating Scheme) specification enables labels (metadata) to be associated with Internet content. It was originally designed to help parents and teachers control what children access on the Internet, but it also facilitates other uses for labels, including code signing and privacy.
Using the Pics-label doesn't influence your ranking with the search engines. The title of your page the keywords and the description tag do influence your ranking.
<meta http-equiv="Pics-label" content="value">
The PICS platform is one on which other rating services and filtering software have been built.
Categorie: Pics-label Multiculturalism
- Interactive: Active involvement of user in multicultural activity using interactive techniques.
- Promotion: Active promotion of multiculturalism.
- Positive: Multicultural events presented in context; artistic work presented in the original culture.
- Neutral: No cultural context; reference works, dictionaries, catalogs.
- Negative: Multicultural events presented from a monoculture viewpoint; translation of artistic work from one culture into another for other than artistic reasons
- Demotion: Actively discourages multiculturalism; one culture or religion is defined as the only true culture
Categorie: Pics-label Education
- Interactive: Active involvement of user in educational activity using interactive techniques.
- Educational: Educational material, created specifically to educate.
- Informative: Informational material, dictionaries, catalogs, factual accounts, works of literature, works of art, etc.
- None: Devoid of educational or artistic content.
- Misinformation: Presents information known to be false as fact; e.g. Holocaust denial.
Categorie: Pics-label Environmental Awareness
- Interactive: Active involvement of user in environmentally positive activity using interactive techniques.
- Promotion: Encouragement of environmental awareness.
- Positive: Portrayal of environmentally sensitive behaviour; recycling, conservation, proper disposal etc.
- Neutral: No environmental content
- Negative: Portrayal of environmentally insensitive behaviour by minor characters; pollution of resources, improper disposal.
- Demotion: Promotion of environmentally damaging behaviour by role-model figures; destruction of resources, habitat, animal species.
Categorie: Pics-label Tolerance
- Promotion: Promotion of tolerant behaviour.
- Positive: Portrayal of tolerant behaviour.
- Neutral: No Intolerant content; reference works, etc.
- Negative: Portrayal of intolerant behaviour by minor characters
- Intolerance: Portrayal of intolerant behaviour by role-model figures.
- Active Intolerance: Promoting hatred based on differences in religion, culture, race, sexual orientation etc.
- Unlimited Intolerance: Active promotion of intolerant behaviour; calling for ethnic cleansing, Jihad, genocide etc.
Categorie: Pics-label Violence
- None: No violent content.
- Reference: Reference works portraying violence, news with violent content.
- Minor: In-context violence by minor characters, self-defence by role models.
- Major: In-context violence by role model characters.
- Extreme: Frequent violence by role models, promotion of violent behaviour, treatment of human beings as disposable objects, rape.
- Unlimited: Killing, torture, rape in creation of entertainment product. Snuff movies. Active involvement of the user in violent activity using teleoperator techniques, remote controlled torture of animals or humans.
Categorie: Pics-label Sex
- None: No sexual content.
- Minor: Implicit in-context sexual conduct by consenting adults; no nudity.
- Reference: Reference works portraying sex, reproduction; educational material.
- Nudity: In-context sexual conduct by consenting adults; nudity, no penetration. Out-of-context sexual conduct, partial nudity; sex used as a promotional tool.
- Normal: In-context sexual conduct by consenting adults; vaginal penetration of female by male only.
- Other: Sexual conduct by consenting adults; penetration, anal, toys. Interactive viewing of sexual activity using videoconference techniques.
- Interactive: Active involvement of the user in sexual activity using teleoperator techniques, tactile virtual reality.
- Unlimited: Non-consensual sex, rape, sex with minors, animals; mutilation, torture.
Categorie: Pics-label Profanity
- None: No profanity.
- Reference: Reference works, dictionaries.
- Minor: Occasional profanity by minor characters; mild in-context profanity by role model characters.
- Major: Frequent profanity by role model characters.
- Unlimited: Constant profanity by all characters.
Categorie: Pics-label Safety
- Active: Active promotion of safe work and personal behaviour.
- Positive: Portrayal of safe behaviour by role-models. Technical manuals and books describing safe practice.
- Neutral: No safety-related content.
- Negative: Promotion of unsafe behaviour. Drug use, reckless driving by role models. Suggestions that safe behaviour is effeminate or unmanly.
- Misleading: Presentation of misleading information, that if acted on could result in injury or death. Representation of known harmful activities such as smoking as beneficial.
Categorie: Pics-label Canadian Content
- All: All-Canadian content
- Some: Some Canadian content or production
- None: No Canadian content
Categorie: Pics-label Commercial Content
- None: No commercial content; no advertising material.
- Minor: Minor commercial content, corporate sponsorship, low-key advertising.
- Major: Major commercial content, high-impact advertising, infomercials
- Interactive: Online purchasing of products or services.
Categorie: Pics-label Gambling
- None: No gambling or games of chance.
- Fun: Games of chance for fun only; no monetary value of stakes or prizes.
- No-stake: Limited games of chance, no monetary value of stakes.
- Unlimited: Games of chance where stakes must be purchased or have amonetary value.
Example meta tag http-equiv="Pics-label"
Je kunt bijvoorbeeld dan de volgende metatag in je broncode plaatsen. De verschillende schrijfwijze aan het einde is het verschil tussen " /> = xml of "> = html.
<meta http-equiv="Pics-label" content='(PICS-1.1
"http://www.rsac.org/ratingsv01.html" l gen false comment
"RSACi North America Server" for "http://www.metatags.org" on
"2009.08.14T23:37-0800" r (n 0 s 0 v 0 l 0))'>
Where should you add this Pics-label tag?
You may add this meta tag to all of your webpages, so not only in the first index page. Make sure that on every page relevant meta tags are added. Add keywords and phrases that are relevant and correspond to the text and the language on that specific page. It might be a lot of work to add specific meta tags to each page but you will notice in time that it works!
Meta tags Summary - Important SEO things to remember
|We suggest that you use the Meta tags in your index.htm or index.html page. Than in all other important pages and last but not least in all the pages of your website. Make sure to put some extra effort in it, it will attract extra visitors to your web-page. Create relevant and different meta tags for each and every page.
- Read why meta tags are important and how they affect the search engines.
- Use our meta tags generator to create the correct meta tags.
- Use our website analyzer to get professional advice from the meta tags experts.
- Submit your website to the search engines and choose one of our packages:
||North Atlantic Package
| Tags: meta, name,