Metatags & Google
Google actively supports the use of metatags. Meta tags are a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites.
Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the metatags they understand and ignores the rest.
Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
Google provides a lot of inside information on what they do with the data you provide on your website.
- Google’s generation of page titles and descriptions (or “snippets”) is completely automated
and takes into account both the content of a page as well as references to it that appear on the web. They use a number of different sources for this information. This includes descriptive information in the title and meta tags for each page.
- Differentiate the title and description for different pages.
Identical or similar titles and descriptions on every page of a site aren’t helpful when individual pages appear in the web results. In these cases they’re less likely to display the boilerplate text.
- Use quality Titles and descriptions.
High-quality titles and descriptions can be displayed in Google’s search results, and can go a long way to improving the quality and quantity of your search traffic.
Google had a 62.7%
marketshare in 2019
Comscore Insights Desktop 06/2019
Key Points to make your site Google Friendly
- Make sure every page on your site has a unique title specified in the
<title>tag and description specified in the
- Avoid keyword stuffing. It’s sometimes helpful to have a few descriptive terms in the title and in the description, but there’s no reason to have the same words or phrases appear multiple times
- Brand your titles, but concisely. Consider including just your site name at the beginning or end of each page title, separated from the rest of the title with a delimiter such as a hyphen, colon, or pipe
- Be careful about disallowing search engines from crawling your pages. To display it in search results, Google will need to display a title of some kind and because they won’t have access to any of your page content, they will rely on off-page content such as anchor text from other sites
HTML Code MetaTags Example
- viewport -> make sure it works on a mobile device
- title -> makes up for 20% your SEO
- description -> the CTA and 15% of your SEO
How to add your site to Google
Unfortunately it is not possible to add your site to Google anymore via their Add URL link. You now need a Google Search Console account. Here you are able to upload a sitemap of your website.
Another possibility to have Google crawl your website is through a backlink. If you have an incoming link from a very popular website Google will visit that site more frequent and will follow that link to your site.
Affordable & Effective
We offer affordable SEO services that are fast and effective.
It's not that difficult to create meta-tags. We've made it simple for you by offering you this free meta-tags wizard.
Boost My Metatags
You've created the perfect meta-tags. Now it's time to let the world know your website is open for business.
Create My MetaTags
Rely on the experts. We create the prefect meta-tags for you. Build around the perfect keywords attracting the right customers.
Need some professional
Contact our Customer Service representative to make an appointment and to answer all your questions!