Metatags & Facebook
More and more people search for information other than using a search engine like Google, Bing or Yahoo.
Facebook has turned into a local search engine. Even though Google still say they don’t use social signals in their algorithme, likes and shares definitely do have a direct impact on Bing search rankings.
- Add the specific Facebook metatag Title and Description in the HEAD section of your site.
- Businesses can be found through local search on Facebook
- Facebook alone has 1.5 billion searches every day
Key Points to keep in mind if you want to be found on facebook
- Facebook tends to heavily weight posts and pages based on user engagement
- Facebook is expending search to all their 2 trillion posts surfacing public real-time news
- To help familiarize users, the search drop-down typeahead will now suggest popular keyword strings that complete what you were searching for, while matching people or things will appear below them.
- Local search results will show popularity by friends — not strangers — without having to ask for recommendations
- The use of keywords play an important role if you search for something using Facebook
- By using Facebook Search people tend to stay on Facebook in stead of leaving the page to search with Google or Bing
HTML Code Facebook Tag Example
How to add keywords to your Facebook page
You want potential customers to visit your Facebook business page. So you need to be visible in the search engines. By using the right target keywords on your Facebook page you are able to have a positive impact on the ranking.
- Login to Facebook and go to the business page you want to optimize
- Click on the “Edit Page” drop-down menu and select the “Update Info” option. Now you are able to manage your information
- Go to the “About” text box under the “Basic Information” heading when editing your Facebook page. Add a description of your service or product featured on your page. Make sure to use at least 2 or 3 important focus keywords in the text.
- Add links to your corporate or promotional websites under the “Websites” list. You will find this below the “Contact Information” heading). This will establish the relationship between your Facebook page and your corporate identity.
Affordable & Effective
We offer affordable SEO services that are fast and effective.
It's not that difficult to create meta-tags. We've made it simple for you by offering you this free meta-tags wizard.
Boost My Metatags
You've created the perfect meta-tags. Now it's time to let the world know your website is open for business.
Create My MetaTags
Rely on the experts. We create the prefect meta-tags for you. Build around the perfect keywords attracting the right customers.
Need some professional
Contact our Customer Service representative to make an appointment and to answer all your questions!