Document management is of utmost importance for a marketing agency.
Why? You may ask. For two reasons primarily–to clean up your desk without clutter and save time whenever possible. Because when you spend more time finding a contract or a customer document, your productivity will significantly reduce than what you would like.
Companies use document management tools to increase efficiency. .In fact, the document management system market is expected to reach 16.42 billion by 2029. Such tools have become increasingly sophisticated, offering you several features. Also, embracing the latest technological advancements automatically boosts your marketing agency. To understand how to read. This article talks about the importance of document management in the marketing industry.
1. Enhanced customer satisfaction
The speed of fetching documents directly proportional to customer satisfaction.
These two metrics may not have a direct correlation with one another. However, the quicker a company retrieves a document required by its customer, the more satisfied a customer will be. This way, a happy customer will pass on the news of your service by word-of-mouth, furthering the possibility of gaining new customers.
An efficient document management system quickens the process of fetching information your business needs and enhances your relationship with existing customers while increasing the chances of gaining new ones. Look for document management with the following features:
Reduce PDF sizes
Heavy pdf unnecessarily takes up more device space, eventually taking more time to fetch a document. Hence, when you reduce PDF size with a PDF compressor, you can bring customer documents faster and more intelligently. Ensure to integrate a GDPR-compliant compressor, reduce the file size to 99%, and have TLS encryption for secure document processing. Check whether the document manager has this feature built-in.
Secure access to documents
Ensure the tool provides secure access to documents with options to set user permissions, authentication, and encryption. Also, check whether the tool lets you integrate with other tools like CRM and project management software.
Document sharing and version control
Go for a tool that allows you to share documents with other team members, stakeholders or clients and set permissions for who can view and edit the documents. Moreover, a version control feature allows you to see the changes made to a document and revert to a former version if need be.
Look for these features when investing in a document management tool so that you don’t have to purchase them as integrations separately. Doing so will only cost more and complicate the document management system.
2. Clears space and optimizes management
We all know the phrase Time is money. And this statement, especially in business, stands true since you want to save time on a task. Here’s when optimizing the structure of the document comes into the picture. Implementing an efficient process enables your employees to locate a document quickly, file it in the right place at the right time and seamlessly interact with it as and when needed.
Moreover, you want your business space to be occupied by something other than paper bunches. Since your company premise is valuable real estate, you want to optimize as much space as possible. Given the rise in cost per meter square and the documents, it’s only wise for a business to switch to an effective document management system. It’ll automatically relieve a huge burden off your shoulders.
- Since paper documents are stored electronically, physical storage space is automatically freed.
- It gets easy to retrieve documents, decreasing the need for physical filing cabinets.
- It eliminates redundant copies since the system allows only the latest document version, saving space.
- The document management tool ensures documents get securely disposed of, eventually
- reducing the need for physical storage space for outdated documents.
- The tool facilitates collaboration by allowing multiple users to access and work on a single document.
If switching totally to a digital solution doesn’t prove to be a good option, go hybrid. A mix of physical and digital archiving will go a long way until you find the right time and switch to fully digital. Moreover, with digital solutions, you undergo numerous benefits such as logistical costs with processing paper-based documents reduced, space regained, and documents stored securely.
3. Easily track changes and versions
One of the key ways to stay ahead of your competitors is speed.
Marketing is a very dynamic field. A marketing agency gets constantly hit with changes and versions to work with. Whether you’re designing a logo for a client or working to create promotional posters, you need to ensure that you work with all the latest versions. If you haven’t switched to digital document management, you risk losing things or worse, working from older versions.
This proves to be frustrating for your staff and your clients both. You can prevent this by having a professional front when you have a document management tool working for you in the back end. It lets you be more organized by knowing the most recent versions so as to update them appropriately.
Few key benefits of easily tracking changes and versions are:
- Tracking versions and updates makes it easy to organize and manage documents, making it easier for users to identify the latest version of a document.
- Makes it easier to adhere to regulatory compliance, which requires them to maintain records of changes.
- Maintaining a record of a document’s previous versions makes it easy to recover deleted or lost data.
Hence, tracking versions and updates on documents offers numerous benefits, including ensuring accuracy, enhancing collaboration, reducing the risk of data loss, and regulatory compliance.
4. Seamless collaboration with remote employees
Centralized document storage offers smooth collaboration.
Using a document management tool providing a central repository for all documents automatically makes it easy for remote-based team members to access and collaborate on documents from one location. Below mentioned are a few more ways it offers seamless communication:
- Document management tools enable real-time collaboration, further enabling team
- members to work on a single document from across the globe.
- With a document management tool, team members can track changes made to a document, view previous versions, and revert to an earlier version, too, if needed.
- Team members can comment and provide feedback and input on documents, fostering better communication and collaboration.
- Document management tools enable organizations to set user permissions, ensuring that only authorized entities can access and edit documents.
- Some tools also have robust features like search functionality which makes fetching documents quick, allowing them to collaborate more effectively and efficiently.
Document management tools offer a solid foundation for collaboration by facilitating seamless communication, streamlining workflows, and fostering teamwork. This is especially helpful when collaborating with employees working remotely. Data management is made easy, due to which managing milestones gets easier.
5. Seamless and secure legal systems integration
In this digital day and age, there are more apps and software systems than ever. On average, companies use roughly 130 different applications or tools to get work done. Many of them would be difficult to replace and costly, particularly those critical to a business.
A reliable document management system quickly integrates legacy systems without hassle, avoiding disruption. From logistics and marketing to accounts payable and any other department, any department can easily access and send documents, automating many of their tasks.
A few benefits of integrating legal systems are as below:
- It allows legal organizations to control who has access to which documents and information.
- It enables legal teams to collaborate on documents and data securely.
- Confidential documents such as contracts, legal agreements, court filings, and other critical documents are stored safely.
- With features like comments, version control, and notifications, legal professionals can smoothly work together, reducing the risk of errors and improving efficiency.
Moreover, every industry has different compliance requirements, which can be challenging. For example, if you’re in the healthcare industry, the documents stored in the management tool must be HIPAA compliant. If not, it not only sets you up for legal issues and hefty fines but also damages your reputation, ultimately adversely affecting your relationship with customers.
It’s time for better document management
When information flows seamlessly between your company employees and your customers, increase in trust and transparency by default become the by product. When the documents are managed better, it automatically strengthens your business image, which is a prominent goal for any business.
While there are many tools that take care of your documents, choose the one that fits your business and budget requirements. To do so, you need to be clear on your business requirements. Dig a little deeper to find out the current challenges employees face in managing documents. Research on the available documents managing tools, do competitors’ analysis and then make a choice.
Remember, it’s never too late to upgrade!
Author Bio(if needed):
Parita Pandya is an Engineer turned Writer. She usually finds herself writing for businesses. When she is not writing, she is either strumming her guitar or penning her thoughts down on paritapandya.com.