If you find a great product description generator, you gain access to a much faster and streamlined approach to writing product descriptions that convert. It can be a real game changer, especially if you upload hundreds of products every week.
In the following guide, we will help you find a product description generator tool that suits your needs and budget and is actually worth your time and money. Let’s get started.
What Is a Product Description?
In short, a product description is a copy that outlines what a product is and why it is worth buying. Its primary purpose is to provide potential buyers with crucial information about the characteristics and benefits of what you are selling.
A high-quality product description should contain the following information:
- the name of the product,
- basic information about the brand behind the product,
- a list of ingredients and features of the product,
- a short guide to how the product is meant to be used,
- if applicable, size, weight, and dimensions of the product,
- any cautionary notes.
It goes without saying that product descriptions are essential. They can be the final nudge your customer needs to buy your product. As such, they have to be well-written and make the product in question look appealing.
When Should You Use a Product Description Generator?
You should use a copy generator anytime you want to speed up the process of creating product descriptions. Imagine that you need to finish a large number of descriptions by the end of the day. In such a scenario, a generator can be a lifesaver. It can also come in handy when you deal with writer’s block and feel unable to write engaging copy.
Just keep in mind that it is not always the best option. If you are supposed to create nuanced and high-quality copy for a complex product or service meant to change the future of shopping, you should consider writing it out by hand.
5 Best Product Description Generators
Jasper is a content marketing tool with an interface powered by artificial intelligence. You can use it to create content that is both engaging and optimized for search engines, including product descriptions, scripts for videos, and blog posts. Due to its versatility and usefulness, it is already used by a wide range of digital marketing agencies, brands, and online stores around the world.
Jasper comes with quite a few features, such as built-in Grammarly capabilities, tone adjustment options, and a plagiarism checker. Moreover, it gives you access to an extensive library of templates for blog posts, landing pages, social media posts, and product names and descriptions. With such resources, creating compelling content should become a whole lot easier!
- includes keywords for search engine optimization
- comes with an extensive library of useful templates
- writes content in more than twenty languages
- provides assistance with writing long-form content
- $29 for 20,000 words a month
- $99 for 100,000 words a month
Copysmith was built with the needs of e-commerce teams and agencies in mind. With its help, you should be able to write search-optimized product descriptions that convert. In addition, it comes with brainstorming templates that should help you beat writer’s block with ease.
What is unique about Copysmith is its ability to generate genuinely unique content that one cannot find anywhere else on the internet. It can do so because of its built-in plagiarism detection system that checks the generated copy. If it contains plagiarized content, you can make necessary corrections before publishing it.
- has built-in search engine optimization features
- comes with a library of brainstorming templates
- comes with a built-in plagiarism checker
- was created with e-commerce in mind
- $19 for up to 40,000 words a month
- $59 for up to 260,000 words a month
Rytr is a tool that can generate engaging and high-quality content for a wide range of use cases. These use cases range from blog post ideas and brand names to video scripts, advertisements, and product descriptions.
Rytr can be integrated with Semrush, which means that it can provide you with a perfectly search-optimized copy. Aside from that, it comes with a built-in plagiarism checker and a browser extension. It is also available in more than thirty languages, enabling you to write unique copy for a wider audience.
- comes with a browser extension
- comes with a built-in plagiarism checker
- can create content for over thirty use cases
- writes content in more than thirty languages
- $0 for up to 5,000 characters per month
- $9 for up to 50,000 characters per month
- $29 for unlimited characters per month
Smart Copy is a popular content generator created by Unbounce. It has more than forty built-in use cases that it can write for. On top of product descriptions, it can also write taglines, landing pages, advertisements, and product descriptions, to name a few. Better yet, it can do so in more than thirty different languages.
Smart Copy stands out from the crowd thanks to its profile feature. Simply put, it allows you to create a unique profile for your brand. Once you fill it out with basic information about your business, Smart Copy will do its best to match your brand’s tone and style in every piece of content it generates.
- comes with a free trial
- can write for more than forty use cases
- can write in more than thirty languages
- can match a brand’s tone and style
- $0 for 40 credits per month
- $9 for 200 credits per month
- $49 for unlimited credits per month
Dukaan created a relatively simple product description generator. It is a part of a more extensive set of tools meant to help you start a profitable e-commerce store in just a few minutes. The way it works is rather easy to grasp. You type in the product’s name, and it generates its description for free.
- comes with a user-friendly interface
- is incredibly easy to use
- no account creation required
- $0 for unlimited words per month
To sum up, a product description generator can help you create compelling and accurate product descriptions in a fraction of the time it would take you to write them out by hand. However, it is not always the best option. Ideally, you should consider using one only if you need to create many descriptions in a short amount of time or if you are dealing with writer’s block.
The five best product description generators currently available on the market are Jasper, Copysmith, Rytr, Smart Copy, and Dukaan. If you do not know which one you like best, experiment and see where it takes you! Sooner or later, you should be able to find a product description generator that you are happy with.
Sara Kurczyńska is a content writer, as well as an amateur astronomer, a pierogi connoisseur, and an owner of two fancy rats. She enjoys writing about digital marketing and business.